HOUSTON, Texas (WFLA/CNN) – A woman in Texas made her point when she announced that she is cancer-free.
Darla Jaye broke the cancer-free bell at a Houston hospital Monday.
Patients usually ring the bell on the way out after finishing their treatment but in Jaye’s case she was apparently so strong the bell couldn’t handle it.
She left the hospital after 30-radiation treatments for breast cancer.
Jaye said she simply didn’t know how strong she was at the tail end of her fight with cancer.
- Fan seriously injured in assault after Luke Bryan concert, Raleigh police say
- Person of interest has ‘key information’ in death of Holly Springs mom, police say
- ‘Stop Celebrating Genocide’: Vandals target Providence Christopher Columbus statue
- Orange juice refills lead to customers assaulting NC IHOP employees, police say
- 7-year-old suffers skull fracture as Cary woman crashes while driving impaired, court docs say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now