HOUSTON, Texas (WFLA/CNN) – A woman in Texas made her point when she announced that she is cancer-free.
Darla Jaye broke the cancer-free bell at a Houston hospital Monday.
Patients usually ring the bell on the way out after finishing their treatment but in Jaye’s case she was apparently so strong the bell couldn’t handle it.
She left the hospital after 30-radiation treatments for breast cancer.
Jaye said she simply didn’t know how strong she was at the tail end of her fight with cancer.
- UNC students hope alcohol sales at football games are highly regulated
- El Paso victim’s husband given new SUV to replace vehicle stolen after funeral
- Clemson QB Lawrence leads AP preseason All-America team
- Bill requiring sheriffs to cooperate with ICE detainers passes in NC House, heads to Cooper’s desk
- 82nd Airborne soldier’s overdose death under investigation
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now