HOUSTON, Texas (WFLA/CNN) – A woman in Texas made her point when she announced that she is cancer-free.
Darla Jaye broke the cancer-free bell at a Houston hospital Monday.
Patients usually ring the bell on the way out after finishing their treatment but in Jaye’s case she was apparently so strong the bell couldn’t handle it.
She left the hospital after 30-radiation treatments for breast cancer.
Jaye said she simply didn’t know how strong she was at the tail end of her fight with cancer.
- NC island where Isaias made landfall attracts sightseers; residents seek privacy
- Black Lives Matter billboard beside Confederate flag in Pittsboro may come down soon
- Many near UNC seen wearing masks, socially distancing amid crackdown effort
- NC teachers rally for 2nd coronavirus relief bill that they say would help education
- Dirt bike rider seriously injured in collision with SUV in Fayetteville
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now