MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – A woman is facing charges after throwing a man’s bags into the ocean.
The whole thing happened Saturday around 9 a.m., a Myrtle Beach police report says.
The owner of the bags told police Tonya Locklear was supposed to watch his luggage while he went to the store to buy her beer.
When he got back, he found his bags had been soaked and were filled with sand. Some of the contents were also missing.
The responding officer realized he had seen the luggage earlier in the day while responding to a welfare check.
Someone had called police wondering why there was a woman throwing luggage into the ocean. When the officer questioned Locklear about it, she said she “was hit by a rogue wave and lost control of the bags,” the report states.
Locklear is charged with destruction of property less than $2,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Work-at-home offers are the most-common scam while many in NC are unemployed, BBB says
- Raleigh police investigating hazmat situation at nursing home
- At least 1 pulled from surf at NC coast amid rip current risk
- PHOTOS: Man walking dog along beach finds house washed away in OBX
- Tennessee police chief’s tweet condemning police brutality goes viral
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now