MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. (WBTW) – A woman is facing charges after throwing a man’s bags into the ocean.
The whole thing happened Saturday around 9 a.m., a Myrtle Beach police report says.
The owner of the bags told police Tonya Locklear was supposed to watch his luggage while he went to the store to buy her beer.
When he got back, he found his bags had been soaked and were filled with sand. Some of the contents were also missing.
The responding officer realized he had seen the luggage earlier in the day while responding to a welfare check.
Someone had called police wondering why there was a woman throwing luggage into the ocean. When the officer questioned Locklear about it, she said she “was hit by a rogue wave and lost control of the bags,” the report states.
Locklear is charged with destruction of property less than $2,000.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- FBI worker’s death in NC mountains is called ‘suspicious’
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now