The reviews coming in swiftly following Popeyes’ release of its new chicken sandwich. The new menu item has been trending online because people are saying it is as good, if not better, than the Chick-Fil-A chicken sandwich.
I, like you if you’re reading this, have been an eater of the ‘number one’ at Chick-Fil-A for quite some time. They somehow make a delicious menu item out of a super simple concept.
Popeyes just did it better.
The sandwich features a thick piece of chicken (duh) in between two slices of brioche buns. The chicken is crispier than Chick-Fil-A’s chicken, but it’s not the bad kind of crispy that’s going to poke the roof of your mouth when you bite into it. It’s a tender crispy.
The bun is better than Chick-Fil-A’s because it feels part of the sandwich. It’s a semi-moist bun that is kept from falling off the sandwich by the mayonnaise or Cajun sauce you have on it.
The sandwich has pickles but I never keep those on. I’m sorry if that offends you. But if you do like pickles, I noticed the ones on the Popeyes sandwich are larger than the ones on Chick-Fil-A’s sandwich.
Here are some funny things the internet is saying about it:
- Crashes, downed lines cause issues for drivers Friday morning in Raleigh
- Snowfall totals for Feb. 20
- ‘We never give up’ – Cumberland County sheriff addresses arrest in 21-year-old case of Baby Michael
- Russia is looking to help Trump win in 2020, security official tells lawmakers
- McDonald’s creates candles that smell like 6 Quarter Pounder ingredients
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now