Bears find their way into all kinds of interesting places, and over the weekend, a young black bear proved it: he managed to climb through a window and settle in at a bathroom at a Big Sky hotel.
The crew at Buck’s T-4 Lodge & Restaurant shared video of the encounter on their Facebook page .
The bear attracted lots of attention from staff and guests, with many people recording video and taking photos as officials tried to coax the bear out.
The bear seemed very comfortable and showed no signs of leaving, so game wardens with Montana Fish, Wildlife, and Parks, along with Gallatin County Sheriff’s deputies, opted to tranquilize the bear and carry it safely outside; FWP plans to release the young bear in a more remote area.
The bear was not injured, and there was no reported damage.
- Algae bloom at Virginia Beach results in ‘foul smell’ and discolored water
- Woman sought at NC coast after dog bites 2 people during beach walk, police say
- 2 critical after car crushed by tractor-trailer in wreck near Va. mall
- Celebrity chef Rachael Ray escapes after home goes up in flames
- Seafood restaurant’s permit pulled over face mask, social distancing
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now