CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Officials with the city of Chesapeake say they will suspend northbound tolls on the Route 168 Chesapeake Expressway heading out of North Carolina.
This suspension will take effect at noon on Tuesday, according to a tweet from the city, and remain in place “until further notice.”
The expressway connects to North Carolina Highway 168, which a main evacuation route for the Outer Banks.
City officials said in the tweets tolls will not be suspended on the U.S. 17 Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge in Chesapeake.
City residents are being asked to watch the track of Dorian closely, as the storm is forecast to impact the Hampton Roads region later this week.
- Florida couple held boy, 12, at knifepoint, stole his bike, deputies say
- Mexican lawmen get FBI training to combat organized crime, terrorism
- Deported combat veterans open their doors to former soldiers in exile
- Ohio car wash transforms into Halloween haunt
- No arrest 5 days after Kamille ‘Cupcake’ McKinney’s kidnapping
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now