CHESAPEAKE, Va. (WAVY) — Officials with the city of Chesapeake say they will suspend northbound tolls on the Route 168 Chesapeake Expressway heading out of North Carolina.
This suspension will take effect at noon on Tuesday, according to a tweet from the city, and remain in place “until further notice.”
The expressway connects to North Carolina Highway 168, which a main evacuation route for the Outer Banks.
City officials said in the tweets tolls will not be suspended on the U.S. 17 Dominion Boulevard Veterans Bridge in Chesapeake.
City residents are being asked to watch the track of Dorian closely, as the storm is forecast to impact the Hampton Roads region later this week.
- Durham police chief vows to protect after car almost hits protesters
- Raleigh teen launches ‘Flowers for Floyd’ to spread positivity
- NCGOP delegate says she’s disappointed by decision to move RNC out of Charlotte
- Group of NC bars sue Gov. Cooper in effort to reopen
- We’re getting out more during Phase 2, but where are we going? Cellphone data can tell us
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now