CNN NEWSOURCE — A new report is drawing some big concerns about the bowls at Chipotle.
The new food economy says it found the fiber bowls are exposed to chemicals that can lead to cancer. The study says the bowls are treated with “pfa” also called forever chemicals.
It helps bowls hold hot, wet, and greasy food, but the Environmental Protection Agency says those compounds do not break down in the human body and they can accumulate over time.
The chemicals also seep into the soil as the bowls break down leading to toxic compost.
- PETA: 20 NC PetSmart stores caught violating state animal welfare regulations
- NC man arrested in Mass. for child sex assaults that occurred over 10-year span
- ‘I’m under here!’ Boy trapped under Jeep in his bedroom after drunk driver plows into home
- Patrons under plastic: Restaurants get creative in virus era
- Elderly NC woman fights off 19-year-old during attempted rape, deputies say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now