CNN NEWSOURCE — A new report is drawing some big concerns about the bowls at Chipotle.
The new food economy says it found the fiber bowls are exposed to chemicals that can lead to cancer. The study says the bowls are treated with “pfa” also called forever chemicals.
It helps bowls hold hot, wet, and greasy food, but the Environmental Protection Agency says those compounds do not break down in the human body and they can accumulate over time.
The chemicals also seep into the soil as the bowls break down leading to toxic compost.
- It’s a girl, Harry and expecting mom Meghan tell Oprah about 2nd child
- NC man arrested after 4 children kidnapped, his mom dead in stabbing, police say
- Meghan Markle describes anguish about hurtful discussions about son
- VIDEO: Driver crashes into Charlotte martial arts school while class was in session
- Officers hurt, property damaged during massive rowdy party in Boulder
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now