CARMEL, Ind. — An Indiana church is paying off thousands of people’s medical debt, WTHR reports.
Northview Church initially planned to pay off $2 million in debt but other churches got involved to help with the effort.
The church partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Northview Church was able to pay off $7.8 million in medical bills for nearly 6,000 families.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now