CARMEL, Ind. — An Indiana church is paying off thousands of people’s medical debt, WTHR reports.
Northview Church initially planned to pay off $2 million in debt but other churches got involved to help with the effort.
The church partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Northview Church was able to pay off $7.8 million in medical bills for nearly 6,000 families.
- Youngsville suspects used knife to cut battery packages, stole items from Ace Hardware: police
- The highest value airline rewards program is a bit of a surprise
- Video shows tractor-trailer dragging Kia down Kansas interstate: ‘Just wedged underneath there’
- Protest against police brutality held in downtown Raleigh; activists calling for justice for Tyre Nichols, Darryl Williams
- 4 Expenses for parents to reevaluate in 2023