CARMEL, Ind. — An Indiana church is paying off thousands of people’s medical debt, WTHR reports.
Northview Church initially planned to pay off $2 million in debt but other churches got involved to help with the effort.
The church partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Northview Church was able to pay off $7.8 million in medical bills for nearly 6,000 families.
- A look at how Wake County is prioritizing vaccine distribution
- 2 men killed, 2-year-old injured in shooting at Asheboro apartment complex
- Dr. Fauci says it’s ‘liberating’ to be a part of a science-friendly administration
- California man arrested in double murder of wife, daughter
- Rezoning petition could pave way for new Panthers stadium