CARMEL, Ind. — An Indiana church is paying off thousands of people’s medical debt, WTHR reports.
Northview Church initially planned to pay off $2 million in debt but other churches got involved to help with the effort.
The church partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Northview Church was able to pay off $7.8 million in medical bills for nearly 6,000 families.
- Masked man shot by grandfather during break-in dies
- Virginia police charge woman suspected of sharing officer’s personal information online
- Authorities searching for ‘armed and dangerous’ man after woman found dead in Pulaski County under suspicious circumstances
- Vaccine demand slowing as milestones reached
- South Carolina driver killed by exploding airbag inflator