CARMEL, Ind. — An Indiana church is paying off thousands of people’s medical debt, WTHR reports.
Northview Church initially planned to pay off $2 million in debt but other churches got involved to help with the effort.
The church partnered with RIP Medical Debt, which buys debt for pennies on the dollar.
Northview Church was able to pay off $7.8 million in medical bills for nearly 6,000 families.
- Video shows how coronavirus kills
- Son dies from coronavirus 3 days after father
- LIVE NOW: US death toll from the virus eclipses China’s official count
- Texas Roadhouse selling ready-to-grill steaks to the public amid grocery shortage
- Woman beaten, robbed for wearing respirator mask in store, officials say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now