RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Work on Capital Boulevard bridges in downtown Raleigh will close the southbound lanes starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
The southbound lanes will remain closed from Johnson Street to Lane Street through 6 a.m. Monday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The closure will allow the contractor to complete the installation of sewer lines beneath the roadway.
Drivers will be detoured from southbound Capital Boulevard onto Johnson Street, then south on Harrington Street to Jones Street.
The closure is weather dependent and subject to change.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mahomes’ feet, arms, lift Chiefs to Super Bowl over Titans
- Mom seeks answers months after prison minister is slain in Durham
- Anger after warehouse full of unused emergency supplies found in Puerto Rico
- 16-year-old mom and her boyfriend accused of child abuse, SC police say
- Suspect charged after woman struggles with masked gunman in Garner home invasion