RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Work on Capital Boulevard bridges in downtown Raleigh will close the southbound lanes starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
The southbound lanes will remain closed from Johnson Street to Lane Street through 6 a.m. Monday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The closure will allow the contractor to complete the installation of sewer lines beneath the roadway.
Drivers will be detoured from southbound Capital Boulevard onto Johnson Street, then south on Harrington Street to Jones Street.
The closure is weather dependent and subject to change.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Man injured in shooting near downtown Raleigh
- Pedestrian hit on I-40 causes westbound lanes to close near US-70
- Durham family, police ask for help locating missing woman
- No. 2 Duke rolls past Central Arkansas 105-54 for 3-0 start
- Deputies: Florida man dead after running from deputies, getting naked, crashing cop car