RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Work on Capital Boulevard bridges in downtown Raleigh will close the southbound lanes starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
The southbound lanes will remain closed from Johnson Street to Lane Street through 6 a.m. Monday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The closure will allow the contractor to complete the installation of sewer lines beneath the roadway.
Drivers will be detoured from southbound Capital Boulevard onto Johnson Street, then south on Harrington Street to Jones Street.
The closure is weather dependent and subject to change.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Initiative closes off some streets in Durham to give residents more space outdoors
- Phones, email still out after ‘cyber incident’ hits Chatham County government, officials say
- American Cancer Society still fighting cancer during pandemic
- Morehead Planetarium and Science Center set to reopen
- Against Virginia, UNC hopes run game continues with offensive line providing key help