RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Work on Capital Boulevard bridges in downtown Raleigh will close the southbound lanes starting at 9 p.m. Friday.
The southbound lanes will remain closed from Johnson Street to Lane Street through 6 a.m. Monday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation said.
The closure will allow the contractor to complete the installation of sewer lines beneath the roadway.
Drivers will be detoured from southbound Capital Boulevard onto Johnson Street, then south on Harrington Street to Jones Street.
The closure is weather dependent and subject to change.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NY man refuses to let son back in house after spring break trip amid COVID-19 outbreak
- Grandma is gone: Coronavirus keeps kids from older family
- Tokyo organizers pick new date for postponed Olympic Games
- Interactive map: How many coronavirus tests have been conducted in each state?
- Entire Nash County town without power after vehicle crashes into power pole