YOUNGSVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A vehicle crash with injuries closed U.S. 401 south of Louisburg for about 30 minutes Sunday afternoon, officials say.
The wreck was reported just after 4:05 p.m. about midway between Rolesville and Louisburg near Fox Ridge Road, according to the North Carolina Department of Transportation.
The North Carolina State Highway Patrol said that injuries were reported in the crash, which is just east of Youngsville.
The NCDOT reported the highway should be cleared by 6:10 p.m., however the road reopened around 4:45 p.m.
No other details were available.
- NC Central student injured after stray bullet breaks dorm room window, officials say
- Expert provides tips on how to avoid digital eye strain while working and learning from home
- Building trust on the border: FBI director works with community to stem crime, cyber threats
- UNCW to remove ‘Black Lives Matter’ banners from campus buildings, move them to an art exhibit
- Tropical Storm Beta spurs hurricane worries for Texas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now