CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – The Cumberland County Courthouse closed Thursday due to a power outage, Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Lt. Sean Swain confirms.
A CBS 17 photojournalist spoke to a Cumberland County judge Thursday morning who says the courthouse was initially evacuated, then closed for the day due to the loss of power.
The cause of the outage has yet to be determined.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Five people found dead inside a Vanceboro home, investigation underway
- 2 dead, 20 injured after massive explosion at Texas warehouse
- Trump becomes 1st president to visit, speak at March for Life rally
- Affordable housing a hot topic as Bernie Sanders’ campaign holds town hall in Durham
- Officials: Child dies after early-morning fire at NC apartment complex
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now