CUMBERLAND COUNTY, N.C. (WNCN) – The Cumberland County Courthouse closed Thursday due to a power outage, Cumberland County Sheriff’s Office Public Information Officer Lt. Sean Swain confirms.
A CBS 17 photojournalist spoke to a Cumberland County judge Thursday morning who says the courthouse was initially evacuated, then closed for the day due to the loss of power.
The cause of the outage has yet to be determined.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- NC teen, store clerk charged after 2 injured in DWI crash, officials say
- Doctors find brown recluse spider in woman’s ear
- Friends, supporters to celebrate NC man freed after being wrongfully convicted
- ALERT: Thunderstorm Watch issued ahead of Friday severe storms
- NC couple wins $1 million in lottery while celebrating wedding anniversary
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now