WICHITA, Kanas (KSNW) – A Wichita father played police on Wednesday after he said he caught a man lurking in his backyard.
“I didn’t want him to get away,” said Brad Morgan.
Morgan said one of his teenage daughters heard a noise outside her window around 9:20 p.m.
Morgan immediately went outside to investigate.
“I caught him and he was just standing there, so he was about an inch away from my daughter’s window,” Morgan explained.
The father of four said he was determined to keep the man from getting away, so he wrestled him to the ground.
“It was like a fight, you know, a fight for my life there for a minute,” he said.
Morgan held the man, identified by police as Mark Lawson, 62, for about 15 minutes.
Police arrived on scene and arrested Lawson on charges of aggravated assault, battery, criminal trespass, breach of privacy, electronic solicitation and sexual exploitation of a child.
- Oldest living Marine celebrates 105th birthday with drive-by salute
- Alabama man finds alligator swimming in his backyard pool
- Pregnant NC hit-and-run victim wants justice
- Navy investigates video of dogs attacking Kaepernick fill-in
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations drop to the lowest number in weeks
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now