LAKE CITY, S.C. (WBTW) – Police officers initiated a traffic stop Friday that turned into a high-speed police chase, according to Amy Pringle with Lake City Police.
Pringle identified the driver of the car as Wallace McCray. Inside the car with McCray was his wife and two children, ages 1 and 3.
During the chase, McCray struck another vehicle, police said.
Pringle says the chase continued through Kingstree and ended when McCray crashed the car into a building at Highway 261 and Eastland Avenue.
Pringle says the car was stolen out of the city of Florence.
- Man shot by deputy on Roanoke Avenue in Elizabeth City
- Fort Bragg identifies 21-year-old paratrooper who died during training accident
- 19-year-old charged with shooting Sampson County detention officer during dispute, deputies say
- DOJ announces probe into Minneapolis policing practices following Chauvin verdict
- Cape Fear Valley Blood Donor Center in need of donations