BERKELEY COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Authorities in Berkeley County said seven children were found locked inside rooms in one Berkeley County home.
Chief Deputy Jeremy Baker with BCSO confirmed the news on Wednesday.
Deputies say the children were deadbolted inside the rooms and were living in extremely poor conditions off Patriot Lane in Summerville.
Two people are now in custody. Authorities believe they are parents of some of the kids and are working to confirm those relationships.
- Durham County sheriff’s ‘ghost’ cruiser causes controversy
- Hurricanes score 3 in 3rd period to beat Nashville, 4-2
- Working against the clock, Triangle hospitals make sure COVID-19 vaccines aren’t wasted
- Biden won’t end COVID-19 pandemic travel restrictions
- Gray’s 17 points lead Florida State past Louisville 78-65
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now