SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — A 24-year-old Robeson Couty man was arrested and charged in the murder of his mother, the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office said.
Joshua Jayclyn Douglass, 24, of St. Pauls was arrested at a relative’s home in Sanford on Friday.
Harnett County released a 911 call made immediately following the fatal shooting.
“This dude just shot his mama in my house,” a caller to 911 said.
That call brought deputies to a home on Archie Street around 8:40 p.m. where they found the 41-year-old Sharon Sikora dead from multiple gunshot wounds, the sheriff’s office said.
“She’s dead. She ain’t moving,” the caller said. “Oh my God, she’s dead.”
Douglass was charged with murder and is being held at the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility on no bond.
- Should fewer Americans get a $1,400 stimulus check?
- Durham County sheriff requiring employees to get COVID-19 vaccine
- Former Wake County deputy arrested after hours-long standoff, sheriff’s office says
- No. 20 Hokies rebound from road loss to top Notre Dame 62-51
- One Raleigh provider gearing up for mass vaccine distribution