SPRING LAKE, N.C. (WNCN) — A 24-year-old Robeson Couty man was arrested and charged in the murder of his mother, the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office said.
Joshua Jayclyn Douglass, 24, of St. Pauls was arrested at a relative’s home in Sanford on Friday.
Harnett County released a 911 call made immediately following the fatal shooting.
“This dude just shot his mama in my house,” a caller to 911 said.
That call brought deputies to a home on Archie Street around 8:40 p.m. where they found the 41-year-old Sharon Sikora dead from multiple gunshot wounds, the sheriff’s office said.
“She’s dead. She ain’t moving,” the caller said. “Oh my God, she’s dead.”
Douglass was charged with murder and is being held at the Harnett County Sheriff’s Office Detention Facility on no bond.
- Johnston County parents concerned about mold, rot in classroom trailers
- Group to display ‘graphic pictures of aborted children’ in Wake Forest, town says
- How much should employers accommodate pregnant workers? Lawmakers discuss
- NC license plate agency customers question $5 cash notary fee
- Police: 2 suspect break into home, assault man before stealing property
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now