SWANSBORO, N.C. (WNCT) – A letter written by a Swansboro man who quit his job at Dick’s Sporting Goods due to the store’s new gun policies has gone viral.
Last week, Griffin Mccullar posted a resignation letter on Facebook saying as a 20-year-old employee he refused to work for the company any longer.
Dick’s recently announced it would not sell guns to those under 21 and would not sell what it referred to as assault-style rifles.
“I cannot be the face of these new gun policies in affect [sic],” Mccullar’s letter reads. “I find them morally and constitutionally wrong. I refuse to be a part of a corporation with these liberal policies.”
Mccullar said he is an avid hunter and put in his two weeks notice to the company on Feb. 28.
The post has more than 85,000 shares.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- NASH COUNTY PARENTS DIE WHILE DRIVING TO PICK UP INFANT SON, GRANDMOTHER SAYS
- CAUGHT ON VIDEO: JET MAKES ROUGH LANDING AT RDU DURING HIGH WINDS
- GRAPHIC: VIDEO SHOWING DEADLY AMBUSH OF US SOLDIERS IN NIGER RAISES NEW QUESTIONS
- 9TH DEAD DOG FOUND IN RECENT WEEKS IN WILSON COUNTY
- DEPUTIES SEEK HELP FINDING MISSING NC TEEN GIRL