FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A partially disabled 25-year-old Fayetteville man was shot and killed inside his home on the 300 block of Plantation Drive late Tuesday, police said.
Charles Greene Jr. was shot by someone firing from outside the home, police said.
“Greene was struck by the gunshots and was left in the home where he died as a result of his injuries,” police wrote.
Police weren’t called to the scene until 8:49 a.m. Wednesday.
Greene had been left partially visually and hearing impaired by childhood medical issues, authorities said.
Investigators are asking the public to come forward with information about the crime. They specifically said that they want to hear from people even if that information is just having heard gunshots in the area during the “late evening” on Tuesday or knowing who might have been in contact with Greene at his home.
People with information should contact Detective L. Donegain at (910) 489-3925 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Crimestoppers at (910) 483-TIPS (8477). Crimestoppers information can also be submitted electronically at http://fay-nccrimestoppers.org or by downloading the free P3 Tips app.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- 16 TENANTS BEING EVICTED FROM NC APARTMENTS AFTER CONTROVERSIAL DECISION
- LAST OF 4 INDICTED IN $2.3M WAKE COUNTY REGISTER OF DEEDS EMBEZZLEMENT CASE TURNS SELF IN
- ‘PERSON OF INTEREST’ ON THE RUN FOLLOWING FATAL SHOOTING IN HOPE MILLS
- UNDOCUMENTED IMMIGRANT TAKES SANCTUARY AT DURHAM CHURCH
- NC HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT ACCUSES BIOLOGY TEACHER OF SLAPPING HIM IN THE FACE
- GET YOUR MORTGAGE OR RENT PAID IN 2018