WHITSETT, N.C. (WFMY) — A child was bitten by a dog in a Whitsett neighborhood Monday night.
Lisa Lee with Guilford Animal Control said the child was bitten in the face by a pit bull mix at a home on Village Road.
The dog was taken to the animal shelter and is on a 10-day quarantine there.
The owner, who lives at the home where the child was bitten, requested to get the dog back after the quarantine.
The child is expected to be recover after the attack. The age of the child wasn’t available. It’s not yet known if charges will be filed.
- Pumpkins may be in limited supply this year
- Fatal crash under investigation in Durham, avoid area
- VDH confirms first child death due to COVID-19 is teen in the Southside Health District
- Foot Locker turning U.S. stores into temporary voter registration sites
- 2 groups exchanged gunfire outside North Carolina day care, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now