WHITSETT, N.C. (WFMY) — A child was bitten by a dog in a Whitsett neighborhood Monday night.
Lisa Lee with Guilford Animal Control said the child was bitten in the face by a pit bull mix at a home on Village Road.
The dog was taken to the animal shelter and is on a 10-day quarantine there.
The owner, who lives at the home where the child was bitten, requested to get the dog back after the quarantine.
The child is expected to be recover after the attack. The age of the child wasn’t available. It’s not yet known if charges will be filed.
- Texas band director accused of having child porn, recording students
- Streaming on the big screen: Chapel Hill movie theater to open for private group bookings
- Wake County middle school sports suspended for 1st semester
- Gov. Cooper announces grant program to assist businesses, nonprofits impacted by COVID-19
- Police: 9-year-old NC boy in critical condition after shooting
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now