WHITSETT, N.C. (WFMY) — A child was bitten by a dog in a Whitsett neighborhood Monday night.
Lisa Lee with Guilford Animal Control said the child was bitten in the face by a pit bull mix at a home on Village Road.
The dog was taken to the animal shelter and is on a 10-day quarantine there.
The owner, who lives at the home where the child was bitten, requested to get the dog back after the quarantine.
The child is expected to be recover after the attack. The age of the child wasn’t available. It’s not yet known if charges will be filed.
- Virginia snaps 3-game skid with 63-58 win over Georgia Tech
- Hundreds attend March for Life event in downtown Raleigh
- Man seriously wounded in Raleigh shooting, but is not cooperative with officers, police say
- Police officer fired after allegedly having sex with a suspect
- No. 9 Florida State rallies past Miami in OT, 83-79
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now