RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities have arrested Robert Archie Scott of South Carolina in connection to a fatal motorcycle crash that happened Friday night.
The crash happened just before 11 p.m. in the 1800 block of South Saunders Street. Authorities say Scott was traveling southbound on South Saunders Street when he attempted to make an illegal left turn towards the I-40 exit ramp.
According to the wreck report, Scott turned in front of the motorcycle causing it to crash into the passenger side of his vehicle.
The intersection is marked indicating no left turns or U-turns.
The motorcycle driver died as a result of the injuries sustained during the crash.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman, 2-year-old child held at gunpoint during armed robbery, Goldsboro police say
- COVID-19 in NC: Hospitalizations surge to 1,724 – shattering previous high
- Keep the mask: A vaccine won’t end the US crisis right away
- Nevada, Pennsylvania certify Biden as winner of presidential vote
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse