DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Charges are pending against a driver who authorities say led them on a high-speed chase before crashing into multiple parked cars on Roxboro Street in Durham.
The incident happened early Saturday morning, just before 2:30.
Authorities say a morning patrol unit from the Durham County Sheriff’s Office observed a vehicle driving erratically.
The deputy attempted a traffic stop but the driver of the vehicle sped off.
Moments later, authorities say the driver turned into a used car lot attempting to turn around.
While exiting the car lot, the driver began driving head on towards the patrol car. The deputy was forced to swerve in order to avoid a collision.
The driver of the vehicle crashed into multiple cars that were parked in the car lot.
The driver and passenger were transported to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
No deputies were injured.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Violinist plays her instrument as surgeons remove brain tumor
- USDA finalizes new food stamp work requirements
- 2-year-old hugs pizza delivery driver not knowing he just lost his daughter
- Social media companies battling misinformation ahead of 2020 election
- Health officials warn of scam products claiming to prevent, treat coronavirus
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now