DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Charges are pending against a driver who authorities say led them on a high-speed chase before crashing into multiple parked cars on Roxboro Street in Durham.
The incident happened early Saturday morning, just before 2:30.
Authorities say a morning patrol unit from the Durham County Sheriff’s Office observed a vehicle driving erratically.
The deputy attempted a traffic stop but the driver of the vehicle sped off.
Moments later, authorities say the driver turned into a used car lot attempting to turn around.
While exiting the car lot, the driver began driving head on towards the patrol car. The deputy was forced to swerve in order to avoid a collision.
The driver of the vehicle crashed into multiple cars that were parked in the car lot.
The driver and passenger were transported to the hospital to be treated for minor injuries.
No deputies were injured.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
- Thousands march in Washington to pray and show support for Trump
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now