DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A driver in Durham is urging the North Carolina Department of Transportation to make a busy intersection safer for drivers.
The intersection is where U.S. Route 70 meets Angier Avenue between Leesville Road and S. Miami Boulevard.
The driver who reached out to CBS 17 about the intersection says it is hard for drivers to cross U.S.-70 without nearly getting into a car crash. There are several lanes of fast-moving traffic to cross and it gets harder during the busy morning and afternoon commutes.
One driver wants to see traffic lights installed at the intersection.
CBS 17 shared video with the NCDOT showing the driver’s concern.
A spokesperson said there is a long-term project to convert U.S.-70 to a freeway in this area, but that it won’t begin for another 4 to 5 years.
“We are exploring solutions for that intersection, which could include the possibility of adding a signal,” an NCDOT official said.
We will keep you updated if changes are made.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads email Laura Smith at LSmith@cbs17.com. Laura will work to get you answers and get something done.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Woman shot at Thanksgiving family gathering in Raleigh; fines possible for COVID-19 violations, police say
- Family of woman hit by car after deadly shooting in Durham says he’s always worried for their safety
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments
- Child dead, 3 injured after house fire in South Carolina