DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – A driver in Durham is urging the North Carolina Department of Transportation to make a busy intersection safer for drivers.
The intersection is where U.S. Route 70 meets Angier Avenue between Leesville Road and S. Miami Boulevard.
The driver who reached out to CBS 17 about the intersection says it is hard for drivers to cross U.S.-70 without nearly getting into a car crash. There are several lanes of fast-moving traffic to cross and it gets harder during the busy morning and afternoon commutes.
One driver wants to see traffic lights installed at the intersection.
CBS 17 shared video with the NCDOT showing the driver’s concern.
A spokesperson said there is a long-term project to convert U.S.-70 to a freeway in this area, but that it won’t begin for another 4 to 5 years.
“We are exploring solutions for that intersection, which could include the possibility of adding a signal,” an NCDOT official said.
We will keep you updated if changes are made.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads email Laura Smith at LSmith@cbs17.com. Laura will work to get you answers and get something done.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Box truck driver ejected, killed in crash with GoTriangle bus in Durham; 4 injured
- Horse sinking in mud rescued at Colorado park
- SC mom says high school teacher told class she would kneel during national anthem
- Pressure mounts on GOP senators over filling Ginsburg seat
- CDC updates website, says ‘growing evidence’ coronavirus spreads through the air
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now