DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A bumpy railroad crossing is no longer bumpy for drivers in Durham.
We’re talking about the one that’s located on N.C. Highway 54 between Apex Highway and S. Alston Avenue near Lowe’s Grove Middle School.
Pictures sent to CBS 17 show the crossing riddled with potholes and pavement separating from the tracks.
Two people reached out to CBS 17’s Laura Smith hoping to get answers about when the crossing would be fixed because it was slowing down traffic and not good for vehicles.
Within a few days, CSX Transportation closed the crossing to fix it.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads let Laura Smith know about it at LSmith@cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Raleigh buildings light up in amber to honor lives lost to COVID-19
- Winning jackpot numbers for Mega Millions are chosen
- Pitt duo combines for 53 points to hold off Blue Devils, 79-73
- Durham city leaders pass nondiscrimination ordinance, includes hair
- Police, parents outraged over camera found inside girls changing room at Tennessee cheer studio