DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — A bumpy railroad crossing is no longer bumpy for drivers in Durham.
We’re talking about the one that’s located on N.C. Highway 54 between Apex Highway and S. Alston Avenue near Lowe’s Grove Middle School.
Pictures sent to CBS 17 show the crossing riddled with potholes and pavement separating from the tracks.
Two people reached out to CBS 17’s Laura Smith hoping to get answers about when the crossing would be fixed because it was slowing down traffic and not good for vehicles.
Within a few days, CSX Transportation closed the crossing to fix it.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads let Laura Smith know about it at LSmith@cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- 12 arrested following Saturday night protests through downtown Raleigh
- Pair nabbed with 6.5 kilos of cocaine in arrest along I-95 in Nash County, deputies say
- Trump says he’s extending offshore drilling ban off North Carolina coast
- NC agencies work with FBI to arrest trio on firearms, drug-related charges
- Patterson steps up, leads No. 20 Hokies past NC State 45-24
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now