KNIGHTDALE, N.C. (WNCN) – Paint marking left on a reconstructed road is driving one driver crazy in Knightdale.
The driver reached out to CBS 17 hoping to get answers and the turn arrow removed from U.S. Highway 64 Business east near Interstate 540 and after Widewaters Parkway.
According to the driver, the far right lane used to be a turn only lane. Drivers could only turn into the shopping center. Now, drivers are able to continue straight.
The problem is the turn only paint marking is still on the road and the driver wants it removed because he says drivers pulling out of the shopping center expect drivers to pull into the shopping center, but that rarely happens.
CBS 17 reached out to the North Carolina Department of Transportation. Crews are planning to remove the paint marking on Aug. 3, they said.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads email Laura Smith at LSmith@cbs17.com. She will get work to get you answers.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Crash involving tree across the road closes section of US-70 in Hillsborough
- Crashes in Chapel Hill down 40 percent – but speeding is on the rise, police chief says
- Sanford to begin 3-week city-wide scavenger hunt on Friday
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now