RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – New traffic lights are up at two busy intersections in Raleigh.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation says their project to improve Brier Creek Parkway is almost complete.
Traffic lights were installed at the intersections of Alm Street and Globe Road.
“The current plan is for the lights to go into flash mode on Monday, March 2 and to be operational the following Monday,” said Marty Homan, spokesperson for NCDOT.
A few weeks ago, a couple reached out to CBS 17’s Laura Smith hoping to get answers about the busy intersections. The couple didn’t feel safe crossing the several lanes of traffic. Cars travel fast and hills create blind spots for drivers pulling out of nearby neighborhoods and shopping centers.
If you have something driving you crazy on the roads let Laura Smith know about it by emailing her at LSmith@cbs17.com.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- In NC, if you’ve smoked at least 100 cigarettes in your lifetime, you can get vaccinated starting March 24
- Kids left on NC school bus while driver said he was going to get ‘good kids a snack,’ parent says
- Charlotte Hornets to reopen Spectrum Center for 3,000 fans per game
- Stimulus checks should continue until COVID-19 is history, senators tell Biden
- Gov. Roy Cooper to get vaccinated as Group 3 opens to elected officials, among others