GARNER, N.C. (WNCN) — The North Carolina Department of Transportation said crews began repainting faded lines on the Interstate 40 exit ramp to U.S. Route 70 Business.
The exit is off I-40 eastbound to U.S. Route 70 towards Garner or Clayton. Previously recorded video by CBS 17 showed the lines completely gone on the off-ramp.
NCDOT crews have now started to repaint the lines.
The work is part of the I-40 widening project from N.C. Highway 42 to Interstate 440.
A CBS 17 viewer who reached out about the faded lines a few weeks ago says she is happy to see the lines looking better and that the safety issue is being addressed.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Opposing groups face off in demonstrations in downtown Raleigh
- NC officials discuss decriminalizing marijuana to reduce court cases; 1 county to begin effort in months
- Mustang driver escapes before car hit by train at Virginia rail crossing
- NC sheriff in quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19
- Walmart announces Cyber Monday 2020 deals