DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — With Governor Roy Cooper recommending the cancellation of all large gatherings, many weekly events are now off. That includes church services.
World Overcomers Christian Church is putting their services online this week due to the coronavirus outbreak. They recorded on Saturday.
“When the governor in his press conference said, ‘Listen, more than 100 people try not to meet,’ that just kind of sealed it for me,” said Pastor Andy Thompson.
Governor Roy Cooper made the recommendation to cancel large events on Thursday.
“That includes conferences, assemblies, sporting events, concerts, worship services, and other gatherings,” the governor said.
Pastor Andy Thompson said their services will be available online this week starting at 8 a.m. on Sunday and 7 p.m. on Wednesday. They’ll re-asses the situation after that.
“We want people to be safe as well as have faith,” said Pastor Thompson. “We’re tough and we will get through it and we will make it, and there’s no better time to learn that than in a time of crisis.” He said this can be both a powerful and testing time.
For more information, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Mom warns of dangers of open-air carbon monoxide poisoning after son dies after a day on the lake
- 100+ firefighters extinguish large fire at former school in Wendell
- Durham man busted with ‘Gray Death’ drugs after 120 mph chase on I-95, Nash County sheriff says
- 1 dead in 2-vehicle crash in Durham, police say
- Mom fights off masked attacker who grabbed her, toddler outside California home
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now