DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — With Governor Roy Cooper recommending the cancellation of all large gatherings, many weekly events are now off. That includes church services.
World Overcomers Christian Church is putting their services online this week due to the coronavirus outbreak. They recorded on Saturday.
“When the governor in his press conference said, ‘Listen, more than 100 people try not to meet,’ that just kind of sealed it for me,” said Pastor Andy Thompson.
Governor Roy Cooper made the recommendation to cancel large events on Thursday.
“That includes conferences, assemblies, sporting events, concerts, worship services, and other gatherings,” the governor said.
Pastor Andy Thompson said their services will be available online this week starting at 8 a.m. on Sunday and 7 p.m. on Wednesday. They’ll re-asses the situation after that.
“We want people to be safe as well as have faith,” said Pastor Thompson. “We’re tough and we will get through it and we will make it, and there’s no better time to learn that than in a time of crisis.” He said this can be both a powerful and testing time.
For more information, click here.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dog found freezing, suffering from frostbite after being abandoned in Branford
- Postal Service to release new series of ‘Star Wars’-themed stamps
- NC-based Belk will file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy, plans to stay open
- Biden administration expecting to vaccinate 300 million Americans by summer
- 1st private space crew paying $55 million each to fly to the International Space Station