DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Durham-Chapel Hill area is the No. 4 most educated city in America – beating out large cities such as San Francisco, Boston and Seattle, a WalletHub study says.
The study looked at 11 key metrics for 150 cities across the U.S. Those metrics include level of education in those 25 and older, the quality of education, gender education gap and racial education gap.
Ann Arbor, Michigan, home of the University of Michigan, placed No. 1.
The top 10 most educated:
- Ann Arbor, Michigan
- San Jose, California
- Washington, DC
- Durham-Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Madison, Wisconsin
- San Francisco
- Austin, Texas
- Provo, Utah
Raleigh comes in at No. 13, Fayetteville at No. 100 and the Triad at No. 97.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Hackers targeting hospitals amid COVID-19 case surge, FBI warns
- Falcons prevail in back-and-forth divisional battle versus Panthers
- Man seriously injured after being shot during carjacking in Fayetteville, police say
- NC doesn’t require districts to notify parents, staff when COVID-19 cases pop up
- Man mauled after paying for ‘full-contact’ leopard experience in Florida