DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — Durham police say an 18-year-old man has been charged in an August murder.
Joel Bryan McDonald is charged in the August 15 shooting death of Robert Darnell Taylor Jr. on University Drive.
Police say McDonald is not currently in custody.
Police responded to a shooting call near the intersection of University Drive and Hill Street shortly before 4:30 p.m. Upon arrival, officers found two men who had been shot.
Taylor Jr., 22, was pronounced dead at the scene. Another 18-year-old man was taken to the hospital for treatment of serious injuries.
Investigators say Taylor was driving on University Drive when shots were fired at his vehicle from the occupant(s) of a passing vehicle.
Anyone with information on McDonald’s whereabouts is asked to call Investigator Mitchell at (919) 560-4440, ext. 29335 or CrimeStoppers at (919) 683-1200. CrimeStoppers pays cash rewards for information leading to arrests in felony cases and callers never have to identify themselves.
- Changes to Green Beret course draw scrutiny as troops are tested in NC woods
- Woman killed in her home as police fire through window, family seeks answers
- 10-year-old girl dies after she’s ‘ejected’ from fair ride in New Jersey
- 3-year-old girl kidnapped from birthday party, Amber Alert issued
- Family of 7 displaced, dog dies in Fayetteville fire
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now