DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Run DMC and a bevy of other R&B and hip-hop artists will converge on Durham this weekend for the Art of Cool Festival.
The festival, which begins Friday, will be held at six venues. Headliners will perform at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Motorco Music Hall, the Durham Armory, Pinhook, the Masonic Lodge, and Beyu Cafe will all host performances, as well.
Festivities begin Friday at 2 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge “Lunch & Trap Karaoke” with DJ RNB. Marcus Anderson will perform at the DBAP starting shortly after 7 p.m. Ari Lennox and Jill Scott will follow.
Whodini takes the stage at the DBAP at 8 p.m. Saturday followed by Run DMC at 9:35 p.m.
Click here for more information on the Art of Cool Festival.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Durham police investigating attempted ATM theft at Bank of America; suspects on the run
- Looking for love? Skip this popular type of Halloween costume
- About 8,000 Wake County students gradually returning to classrooms starting Monday
- Despite aide’s COVID-19 diagnosis, Pence campaigns for Trump in Kinston
- Bikers gather to honor memory of Florida officer killed in line of duty in 2005
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now