DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) – Run DMC and a bevy of other R&B and hip-hop artists will converge on Durham this weekend for the Art of Cool Festival.
The festival, which begins Friday, will be held at six venues. Headliners will perform at the Durham Bulls Athletic Park. Motorco Music Hall, the Durham Armory, Pinhook, the Masonic Lodge, and Beyu Cafe will all host performances, as well.
Festivities begin Friday at 2 p.m. at the Masonic Lodge “Lunch & Trap Karaoke” with DJ RNB. Marcus Anderson will perform at the DBAP starting shortly after 7 p.m. Ari Lennox and Jill Scott will follow.
Whodini takes the stage at the DBAP at 8 p.m. Saturday followed by Run DMC at 9:35 p.m.
Click here for more information on the Art of Cool Festival.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Happy 90th birthday Neil Armstrong
- For 2nd time this week, multiple homes in Ocean Isle Beach go up in flames
- Storm-tattered Frying Pan Tower flag being auctioned off to support places hardest hit by Hurricane Isaias
- Triangle gym owners react to remaining in Phase 2 and closed
- 8-year-old shot accidentally in Rocky Mount, police say
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now