DUNN, N.C. (WNCN) – An elderly female passenger was killed in a head-on crash on New Year’s Day near Dunn, according to the North Carolina State Highway Patrol.
Troopers responded to a two-vehicle collision just before 4 p.m. on North Carolina Highway 27 east near Hodges Chapel Road Monday. According to officials, the crash occurred after a 2011 Chevrolet car heading west and driven by Jennifer Price Farmer, 42, of Wilson, crossed a double yellow center line and slammed into a 2017 Buick SUV that was traveling east on N.C. 27.
Officials said that Farmer’s car ended up on the shoulder of the highway and the SUV came to a rest in the roadway. The right rear passenger of the Buick was pronounced dead at the scene. Troopers identified her as 79-year-old Margie Davis Turbeville, of Cameron.
Farmer was transported to WakeMed with serious injuries. The driver of the SUV suffered non-life threatening injuries and was also transported to WakeMed.
Troopers said the cause of the crash was crossing the center line and impairment.
Charges against Farmer are pending.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CHILDREN ORDERED TO SLEEP IN BED WITH MURDERED BROTHER’S BODY
- NEW NORTH CAROLINA LAWS TAKE EFFECT IN 2018
- COLD TEMPERATURES TODAY, SNOW TOMORROW
- WATCH: MAN RUNNING FROM POLICE DRIVES TRUCK OFF PIER INTO RIVER
- HISTORIC DUPLIN COUNTY CHURCH DESTROYED BY NEW YEAR’S DAY FIRE