CHICAGO (AP) – President Donald Trump’s son Eric Trump says the U.S. Secret Service took an employee of a Chicago cocktail lounge into custody after she spit on him.
Eric Trump told Breitbart News in a telephone interview that it was “purely a disgusting act by somebody who clearly has emotional problems.”
His comments came after reports of the alleged spitting incident Tuesday night at The Aviary in Chicago’s West Loop area. The Associated Press sent an email Wednesday seeking comment on behalf of the lounge.
Chicago police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi (goo-lee-EHL’-mee) said on Twitter that officers assisted the Secret Service with a “law enforcement matter” and deferred inquiries to the agency.
The Secret Service, White House and Trump Organization, which Eric Trump helps run, didn’t immediately respond to requests for comment.
- Police officer, Mercedes driver taken to hospital after crash in Raleigh
- No. 3 NC State beats No. 5 Louisville 58-56 for women’s ACC title
- Pipe goes through driver’s windshield on Ohio interstate, OSHP says
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Woman in critical condition after Nash County high-speed chase ends in crash in Wake County
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now