FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) — A family of five children and two adults were displaced after a Saturday night fire that also killed their family dog, Fayetteville officials say.
The blaze was reported around 9:50 p.m. at a home in the 1600 block of Grandview Drive in the Southgate neighborhood, according to a news release from Fayetteville fire officials.
“The first unit on scene reported smoke showing from a single-story house,” the news release said. “The fire was brought under control by units on scene.”
The fire caused about $13,500 damage, fire officials estimated.
Fire crews were still at the scene around 11:30 p.m. while “completing overhaul and investigating,” the release said.
The Red Cross was called in to help the family.
- Crash closes eastbound lanes of I-40 north of Charlotte
- Woman shot at Thanksgiving family gathering in Raleigh; fines possible for COVID-19 violations, police say
- Family of woman hit by car after deadly shooting in Durham says he’s always worried for their safety
- Justin Timberlake donates new wheelchair accessible van for Tennessee teen
- Second stimulus check: President-elect Biden’s thoughts on $1,200 payments