FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities are investigating a fatal crash that happened Sunday morning at the intersection of Owen Drive and Camden Road.
The crash happened before 8 a.m.
Police say a man was driving a 2005 Dodge Magnum southwest on Camden Road and a woman was driving a 2013 Ford Escape east on Owen Drive. Both vehicles collided at the intersection.
The man, Walter Lindsay, 55, of Fayetteville was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical center where he died from his injuries.
The other driver was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No charges have been filed in the wreck as of Sunday night.
- Vigil held in Durham for slain Texas soldier Vanessa Guillen
- Man charged in shooting that killed boy at Alabama mall
- Teen dirt-bike rider killed at NC interstate off-ramp
- 19 taken to hospitals after tree falls on garage during child’s birthday party
- NC group angered by removal of statues displays giant Confederate flag along I-40