FAYETTEVILLE, AR (KNWA) — The officer who was shot and killed in Fayetteville last night has been identified as well as the suspect who shot him.
The officer has been identified as Fayetteville Police Officer Stephen Carr.
Around 9:40 p.m. Saturday, shots were fired in the back parking lot of the Fayetteville Police Department located on Rock Street.
Chief Reynolds said that Carr was “ambushed and executed” while sitting inside his patrol car behind the police department.
The suspect has been identified as London Phillips.
Two officers responded and fired shots at Phillips. Phillips was pronounced deceased.
The officers are on paid administrative leave while the shooting is under investigation.
- Video released after Raleigh officer fires 4 gunshots at carjacking suspect
- Some Triangle hospitals at full capacity as flu season intensifies
- Girl in Amber Alert found safe; wife and husband spot car, lead police to suspect
- Triangle Restaurant Week special offers for Jan. 20-26
- ‘Canes All-Star defenseman Hamilton undergoes surgery on broken leg
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now