FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – A homeowner shot a man who refused to leave the front of his house Tuesday night, Fayetteville police said.
Officers responded to the 6300 block of Chartley Drive shortly before 11:45 p.m. Tuesday. A man standing at the front door of the home refused to leave. He began to yell and strike the door. The homeowner shot the man through the door, police said.
The 25-year-old man, identified as Malique Charles-Dore, was transported to Cape Fear Valley Medical Center with non-life-threatening injuries. Fayetteville police had already been in the area because of two other disturbance calls related to Charles-Dore.
No other information was released.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Summertime pool fun limited due to coronavirus
- Murder charge upgraded in George Floyd case, 3 other cops charged
- 82nd Airborne returning to Fort Bragg after being called to Washington
- Advocates call for expanding mail-in voting to counter COVID-19 fears
- Murder charge upgraded in Floyd case, 3 other cops charged
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now