FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 67-year-old Maria Adame was found deceased after a reported domestic disturbance Friday night.
Officers responded to the 200 block of S. Cool Springs Street around 10:30 p.m. Friday.
Upon arrival, officers located Adame who was unresponsive and had sustained blunt force trauma injuries during the domestic disturbance.
Medical personnel pronounced the Adame deceased at the scene.
Abigail Marie Tipton, who lived in the same home as Adame, was taken into custody and has been charged with Voluntary Manslaughter.
Adame was initially identified as Tipton’s mother-in-law, but police later said she was the mother of Tipton’s boyfriend.
Anyone with information is asked to call Cumberland County Crimestoppers at 910-483-8477.
- Driver ejected, suffers life-threatening injuries in 4-car crash in Cary
- Jet evacuates US citizens from China city at center of coronavirus
- Neighborhood on alert after video catches man lurking at homes in Durham
- NC girl dies, dad severely injured in large apartment fire
- North Carolina AG Stein concerned about potential lottery ‘online instant games’