FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – Authorities say 67-year-old Maria Adame was found deceased after a reported domestic disturbance Friday night.
Officers responded to the 200 block of S. Cool Springs Street around 10:30 p.m. Friday.
Upon arrival, officers located Adame who was unresponsive and had sustained blunt force trauma injuries during the domestic disturbance.
Medical personnel pronounced the Adame deceased at the scene.
Abigail Marie Tipton, who lived in the same home as Adame, was taken into custody and has been charged with Voluntary Manslaughter.
Adame was initially identified as Tipton’s mother-in-law, but police later said she was the mother of Tipton’s boyfriend.
Anyone with information is asked to call Cumberland County Crimestoppers at 910-483-8477.
- Proposal would transform area of Wake Forest Road/I-440 into a ‘Walkable Midtown’
- Black voters’ mail-in ballots in NC rejected twice as often as whites. Why?
- After 4 months in the hospital, suspect charged with murdering in woman in Garner
- Wendell business owner regrets hosting event after sheriff shuts down sports arena
- 4th grader suspended for moving BB gun during virtual class