FAYETTEVILLE, N.C. (WNCN) – The suspect accused of vandalizing headstones and gravesides at a local cemetery has been identified and arrested, police confirmed Saturday.
Lafayette Memorial Park took to Facebook to announce the arrest of a suspect after graves at the cemetery were vandalized over Thanksgiving and the weeks following. Fayetteville police confirmed the arrest to CBS 17.
Families that were affected by were notified, according to the post.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Biden rescinds Trump’s emergency declaration on border security, halts border wall construction
- Love, Bacot lead Tar Heels past Wake Forest
- Three soldiers killed in upstate NY military helicopter crash
- Durham public housing officials to launch hotline to track, speed up maintenance requests
- NC National Guard helps along smooth vaccination clinic in Cumberland County