FBI, Raleigh PD assisting in search for RDU employee who never returned from break

allison cope missing_434435

RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – The Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Raleigh Police Department are assisting the Raleigh Durham Airport Authority Police Department in their search for an employee who never returned from her break Monday afternoon, RDU officials confirmed.UPDATE:Missing RDU worker’s mom ‘heartbroken and overwhelmed’

Police were at Allison Cope’s home Tuesday night and examined two computers – one of which belonged to Cope, according to Cope’s roommate.RELATED: Police search for RDU Airport employee who never returned from break

Cope was supposed to return from a break from a Starbucks in Terminal 2 at 3 p.m. but did not come back, RDU police said.

Sarah Kosinski – Cope’s friend and roommate – says police told her surveillance cameras captured Cope going down the escalator and leaving Terminal 2.

Her ID badge used to swipe out of the parking lot at 3:08 p.m. But friends said there are no cameras in the manager’s lot where Cope’s car was parked. So it’s unclear if she was driving.UPDATE:Missing RDU worker’s mom ‘heartbroken and overwhelmed’

“She always checks in with us,” said Kosinki. “She always tells us if she is going to be late. She always is extremely dependable. She would never just leave her phone at work. She would never clock out for a break and not continue to work her shift.”

Cope is in her mid-20s and stands 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 180 pounds.

She was last seen wearing a black HMS Host-branded Starbucks polo shirt, blue jeans and black sneakers, police said.

Her roommate and friend, Justin Farrell, said RDU police searched their home Tuesday night.

“I feel like I just want to be there for her and I can’t be there for her because I don’t know where she is,” said Farrell.

Cope’s friends told CBS North Carolina her debit card was used between 3 and 4 p.m. at a Shell gas station in Wake Forest, spending about $23, which is what she had left in her account.

Police have asked workers at all three Shell stores about debit card usage at 4:18 p.m. Monday.

“They’re looking at everything that they can and every venue that they can possibly to try to find everything,” said Farrell.

CBS North Carolina also reached Cope’s mother, Karen Cope, on the phone in California.

She said she and the rest of her family are very distraught and they are trying to figure things out now.

Karen Cope said the family is overwhelmed right now, concerned for Allison Cope’s safety and desperate for answers.

Cope’s friends in Raleigh are considering organizing a search to look for her.

Andrew Sawyer, a spokesman for RDU, said that “other agencies may be involved” and that this is a “very active investigation.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Trending Stories

Don't Miss