GREEVILLE, S.C. (AP) – Federal authorities say a South Carolina woman kidnapped a girl from Minnesota and sexually assaulted her.
Citing an FBI affidavit, news outlets report 23-year-old Katrina Marie Aliff was arrested last month on charges including aggravated child sexual abuse. The affidavit says Aliff met the girl, who’s younger than 12, on the messaging app Amino in March. It says the girl’s father found the messages last month and destroyed the phone, but the girl and Aliff continued to chat through a tablet.
It says Aliff picked up the St. Paul girl days later and drove them to her Greenville home, where authorities say they were found the next day.
A judge ordered Aliff to undergo mental evaluation. Online jail records say she’s being held at a New York corrections center.
- Fayetteville, AR police identify officer killed, suspect
- Multiple people hospitalized and two deaths after a violent night in Raleigh
- Police officer executed in shooting in Fayetteville, Arkansas, chief says
- Early Christmas event held for pediatric cancer patients at North Hills in Raleigh
- Police in Morrisville warn of ‘porch pirates’ as deliveries spike ahead of Christmas
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now