PHILADELPHIA, Pa. (AP) — Police say a man who attempted to rob a FedEx vehicle has been shot and killed by the vehicle’s driver.
The driver was also hit by gunfire in the Tuesday night exchange, but he is recovering. Police Sgt. Eric Gripp says the shootout in Philadelphia started around 7 p.m. when a 27-year-old man attempted to rob the driver with a gun.
The 32-year-old driver was shot in the abdomen and returned fire, striking the man in the chest and back.
Police say the man was pronounced dead at about 8:30 p.m. at a hospital.
The driver is in stable condition. Police recovered a weapon from the scene.
- Wake Forest offering service for Santa Claus to call children
- 3-day ticket blitz, 130 $100 citations for going maskless
- Group hosts celebration of life for Evelyn Boswell, whose mom is charged in her death
- Airlines hope proven cleaning techniques will bring passengers back to flying
- Possibly impaired driver smashes car into Raleigh flower shop, police say