Atlanta — Police say a man exposed himself to a housekeeper at an Atlanta hotel and died trying to escape security by leaping between balconies, CBS Atlanta affiliate WGCL-TV reports.
Atlanta police Investigator James White told reporters it happened at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta hotel early Monday.
He said the housekeeper reported the man to security, who went to confront him.
White said the man ran from security and tried to leap from an 11th floor balcony to one nearby, but missed it and fell to his death.
White said the death is believed to have been accidental. No charges were anticipated.
Authorities didn’t immediately release his identity. The investigation was ongoing.
The hotel’s general manager, Peter McMahon, said the hotel was cooperating with authorities.
- Granville County sheriff suspended following felony obstruction indictment
- Spam introduces limited-edition pumpkin spice flavor
- North Carolina airports to receive $17 million in infrastructure funding
- NC deputies investigating fatal crossbow shooting
- 2019 Starry Night Walk at Dorothea Dix will raise money to cure childhood brain tumors
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now