Atlanta — Police say a man exposed himself to a housekeeper at an Atlanta hotel and died trying to escape security by leaping between balconies, CBS Atlanta affiliate WGCL-TV reports.
Atlanta police Investigator James White told reporters it happened at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta hotel early Monday.
He said the housekeeper reported the man to security, who went to confront him.
White said the man ran from security and tried to leap from an 11th floor balcony to one nearby, but missed it and fell to his death.
White said the death is believed to have been accidental. No charges were anticipated.
Authorities didn’t immediately release his identity. The investigation was ongoing.
The hotel’s general manager, Peter McMahon, said the hotel was cooperating with authorities.
- Blitz High School Football Scoreboard | Playoff semifinals
- Leesville Road ends Wake Forest’s 3 years of domination, advances to 1st state championship game
- Cardinal Gibbons downs Scotland, earns spot in state championship game
- Slain UPS driver’s family questions police response to chase after truck hijacked
- Actor Ron Leibman dead at 82; starred in ‘Norma Rae’ with Sally Field
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now