RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – Multiple lanes of Interstate 440 have been shut down due to flooding on Monday morning, Raleigh police said.
The lanes closest to the median on both sides of I-440 between Wake Forest Road and Six Forks Road are temporarily closed. According to police, a storm drain clogged up around 10 p.m. Sunday and that is what has caused the flooding.
The North Carolina Department of Transportation responded to the clog but were unable to fix it and headed back to their headquarters for more equipment, police said.
Police said they’re not sure how long the closures will last.
The Beltline remains open, but drivers in the area should expect delays.WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- CLAYTON TEEN GIRL USES DAD’S GUN TO SHOOT AT MOM IN BED, POLICE SAY
- MAN SLITS WIFE’S THROAT AFTER SHE DISCOVERS AFFAIR WITH MIDDLE SCHOOL STUDENT
- POLICE DEPARTMENT FIRES RECRUIT OVER FACEBOOK POST FROM WHEN SHE WAS 16
- WATCH: 7-YEAR-OLD FLORIDA BOY ARRESTED FOR PUNCHING TEACHER
- TEEN DIES MONTHS AFTER CAR CRASHES INTO WAKE COUNTY POND