MANATEE COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Manatee County man is facing animal abuse and child abuse charges after deputies say he hung another man’s dog because it was barking.
Deputies say after Robert Leroy Edwards, 39, killed the dog by wrapping an electrical cord around the dog’s neck and hung it. Investigators say Edwards went into his home and asked a child to help him dispose of the remains. When the child refused, detectives say Edwards punched him in the face.
Authorities are not releasing where the incident happened because it could identify the abuse victim.
Edwards is being held in jail without bond.
- Pipe goes through driver’s windshield on Ohio interstate, OSHP says
- Harry, Meghan to delve into tough royal split with Oprah Sunday night
- Woman in critical condition after Nash County high-speed chase ends in crash in Wake County
- Missouri pastor on leave after sexist sermon saying wives should lose weight to look like Melania Trump
- COVID toes: Mysterious rash can affect feet in patients with coronavirus