ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) — The St. Petersburg Police Department arrested a man after his neighbor reportedly caught him on video beating his dog unconscious.
The police department said Cole Allan Herrmann, 36, was recorded on video beating his dog in his back yard at 5400 38th Avenue N. Police said the dog was in a metal cage while getting hit in the head repeatedly.
The police report says after Herrmann finished hitting the dog, the video shows the dog becoming unresponsive.
Herrmann reportedly admitted to police afterward that he “spanked his dog too hard.”
He was arrested and charged with animal cruelty. His bond was set at $5,000.
The police department said the dog survived and Herrmann surrendered it to Pinellas Animal Services.
- Track coach remembers NC teen killed in hit-and-run as star athlete
- Virginia’s highest court upholds weapons ban at gun rally
- Carolina drops OT decision to Anaheim for 3rd straight loss
- Cary bicyclist wants to thank others who helped when he fell and broke hip
- NC dad charged with murder in baby’s death; relatives mourn 3-month-old boy
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now