MORGANTON, N.C. (WBTV) – A now-former employee at Patton High School was arrested on Thursday after being indicted on charges related to inappropriate conduct with a 16-year-old student.
Leigh Perkins Greene, 51, is charged with attempted indecent liberties with a student by school personnel other than a teacher/administrator, disseminate obscene picture, third-degree sexual exploitation of a minor, and providing alcohol to underage persons.
According to the indictment, the alleged offenses occurred between June and July. During that time, Greene is accused of sending the 16-year-old student obscene pictures containing female nudity, being in possession of photos of the student engaging in sexual activity, giving the student Corona beer, and attempting to take indecent liberties with the student.
The indictment, which was filed on Monday, states that Greene was employed at Patton High School as a receptionist/office assistant and the student was attending the same school at the time of the alleged offenses.
Greene has since been terminated from her job.
No further information has been released.
Copyright 2019 WBTV. All rights reserved.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Murder charge upgraded in George Floyd case, 3 other cops charged
- 82nd Airborne returning to Fort Bragg after being called to Washington
- Advocates call for expanding mail-in voting to counter COVID-19 fears
- Murder charge upgraded in Floyd case, 3 other cops charged
- Step Up Your Job Search: Virtual help to nail your next Virtual Job Interview
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now