GLYNN COUNTY, Georgia (WCMH/CNN) — A Georgia family is mourning the loss of their son after a tragic hunting accident.
Bobby Lee Lane, 17, was killed after being mistaken for a deer by another person in his group, WJAX reported. After Lane was shot, the person who pulled the trigger drove him to a gas station where they met first responders.
Lane was rushed to an area hospital where he later died.
“You never think of anything like that you know. A 17-year-old kid. But it’s very hard, very very hard,” said Michael Rawling, Lane’s cousin. “You don’t expect anything like this to happen to a child.”
Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources is now involved in the investigation.
- New York City EMT suffers stroke driving ambulance, then colleague who came to help has aneurysm
- Samuel Adams Halloween beer now illegal in 15 states
- 13-year-old reported missing in Cumberland County
- Police: Kentucky man beat sister with pan, killed dad with crossbow
- WATCH: Lady Gaga falls off stage after fan tries to pick her up
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now