GLYNN COUNTY, Georgia (WCMH/CNN) — A Georgia family is mourning the loss of their son after a tragic hunting accident.
Bobby Lee Lane, 17, was killed after being mistaken for a deer by another person in his group, WJAX reported. After Lane was shot, the person who pulled the trigger drove him to a gas station where they met first responders.
Lane was rushed to an area hospital where he later died.
“You never think of anything like that you know. A 17-year-old kid. But it’s very hard, very very hard,” said Michael Rawling, Lane’s cousin. “You don’t expect anything like this to happen to a child.”
Georgia’s Department of Natural Resources is now involved in the investigation.
- WHO warns that 1st wave of pandemic not over, dampens hopes
- 13-year-old California boy earns his 4th associate’s degree
- UNC respiratory therapist talks about what it’s like battling COVID-19
- Teen cancer survivor celebrates the end of treatment, honors best friend who died
- Ahmaud Arbery killing being investigated as federal hate crime, family attorney says
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now