DURHAM, N.C. (WNCN) — 3:50 p.m. update
Dominion Energy released a statement on the status of a gas leak blocking roads in Durham:
“The flow of gas has been secured. Six natural gas customers have temporarily lost service and we will be working to have their service restored after we repair the damaged gas line.”
Durham crews are working to repair a gas leak that occurred Friday afternoon.
Police say the leak occurred on the 700 block of North Buchanan Boulevard.
Buchanan Boulevard is blocked between West Markham and Monmouth avenues.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area if possible.
Dominion Energy released a statement on the gas leak:
“Dominion Energy crews are on site of a gas leak on North Buchanan Boulevard caused by a third-party working in the area. We are working to secure leak as quickly and safely as possible.”
There was no word on when the roads will reopen.
- Deputies seek help in search for missing NC woman
- Couple caught on camera defacing Black Lives Matter mural
- Severe thunderstorm warning issued for part of Wayne County
- Save local stages: Concert venue industry urges Congress for COVID-19 relief
- California shuts bars, indoor dining and most gyms, churches
For more stories like this that matter to you, click here to download the CBS 17 News app for free.
Watch live newscasts, get breaking news and sign up for push alerts – download now