CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A gas leak on campus forced students at Chapel Hill High School to be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
Students and staff were first relocated while nearby Seawell Elementary and Smith Middle schools were put on soft lockdown when the leak was discovered.
Crews are working on repairs but the leak forced administrators to release the high school students early.
The middle and elementary schools will resume their normal schedules.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Traffic Alert: Chapel Hill Road to close in
- Wake County nonprofit’s funding issues could keep local spellers from making it to national bee
- Humberto approaching Bermuda, Jerry forms in the Atlantic
- NC mom says Scarowinds is ‘unsafe’ after 3 fights break out in park
- Camp Lejeune service member, woman charged with LSD trafficking