CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (WNCN) – A gas leak on campus forced students at Chapel Hill High School to be dismissed at 12:30 p.m.
Students and staff were first relocated while nearby Seawell Elementary and Smith Middle schools were put on soft lockdown when the leak was discovered.
Crews are working on repairs but the leak forced administrators to release the high school students early.
The middle and elementary schools will resume their normal schedules.
This story will be updated.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Wilkes scores 19 points as No. 5 Florida St. edges Notre Dame 85-84
- Jairus Hamilton’s career-high 23 lifts Boston College over Va. Tech 61-56
- Trump defenders argue Democrats just want to overturn election
- Duke grad student from China talks about deadly virus outbreak in her country
- Man wounded in shooting in Raleigh neighborhood