RALEIGH, N.C. (WNCN) – A gas leak has shut down a section of Spring Forest Road in Raleigh Friday afternoon.
Raleigh Fire officials said the intersection could be closed through 3 p.m.
Spring Forest Road is closed between Timber Ridge, across Atlantic Avenue to Atlantic Springs Road.
Dominion Energy was able to secure the flow of gas around 1:25 p.m.
Workers unaffiliated with Dominion struck a line beneath the pavement and gas was detected in nearby sewage lines, police said.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- Dad charged after pre-teen girl driving car kills man and his dog, police say
- NC man awarded $6M after wrongful conviction release has died
- Key NC highway reopens after tanker overturns, closing road for hours
- Search continues for 2 firefighters who vanished during fishing trip
- $2.3 million worth of marijuana found mixed with load of jalapeño peppers