CHICAGO (WGN) — A Chicago officer has been stripped of his police powers after he was caught on camera making vulgar gestures toward protestors.
As the officer and his partner left the scene of a George Floyd protest, he was caught on camera flipping off the protesters.
“I’ve seen the photograph of the officer in uniform giving people the finger,” the mayor said last week. “That person should be stripped of police powers and start the process for firing him.”
The police superintendent’s office said the officer, whose name has not yet been released, has been demoted to desk duty.
More headlines from CBS17.com:
- NC attorney general calls for federal ban of menthol cigarettes
- How long could it take to vaccinate every adult in North Carolina from COVID-19?
- Care Hub helps Duke Hospitals with emergency room logistics
- NC Education Lottery sees strong sales amid COVID-19 pandemic
- Planning a trip? Federal officials say wear a mask